What the Font
WHAT THE FONT? Some typefaces are so important, that every designer should know them by sight.
HOW MANY DO YOU KNOW BY SIGHT?
- Helvetica: Designed by Max Miedinger with input from Eduard Hoffmann in 1957.
- Futura: Designed by Paul Renner in 1927.
- Avant Garde: Herb Lubalin and Tom Carnase designed Avant Garde around 1968.
- Garamond:Originally designed by Claude Garamond in the 16th century.
- Bodoni:Designed by Giambattista Bodoni late 18th century.
- Baskerville:Designed by John Baskerville in 1757.
- Times New Roman: Designed by Stanley Morison in 1931.