How to describe your design work
How to describe your design work - in a portfolio or presentations
- Describe the problem you set out to solve.
- Explain the things that made this problem interesting or challenging. What was the space of options? What were the constraints you were forced to balance?
- If you want to go more in-depth, show other variants you tried along the way, and why they didn't quite work for you.
- Explain why you went with the final solution you chose.
- If possible to share, show the measurable outcomes of your solution on the problem, whether quantitative or qualitative.
- If you want to be comprehensive, explain the limitations of your final solution and what you'd do if you had infinite time or resources.