Are You Ready for Full-time Freelance?
ARE YOU READY FOR FULL-TIME FREELANCE?
- Do you have money? // Lack of cash kills more freelance careers than anything else.
- Do you have clients? // Acquiring clients takes time. You cannot expect to start freelancing and have new clients the very next day.
- Do you have marketing? // In order to find clients and close work you will need to market your services. Do you have a marketing strategy? Where will you try to find clients?
- Do you have a network? // If you are a solo freelancer, there is a good chance you will need some help from time to time.
- Do you have processes? // Do you have a structured method for creating and delivering proposals to your clients? Do you understand a sales process? How will you get the work done when you win a job?
- Do you have support? // No freelancer does it all on their own. At the very minimum, they will leverage the abilities of a hosting company and printing company. An accountant is always beneficial, right from the very start, to ensure you structure your business properly with your government. You’ll also benefit from a mentor, someone who you can reach out to when you have questions.
- Do you have courage? // Do you have the courage it will take to go for it? You will need it.